2 - 5 Years
1. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SERVICE ENGINEER
• The service engineer is to service the various machinery used in large industries.
• They are also known as field service engineers or even maintenance engineers.
• They analyse and service equipment machinery that is worn out.
• Servicing consists of fully dismantling the machine and looking for damage in all the parts.
• They also check the functioning of the machine and whether it is giving the desired output.
• They replenish any fluids in the machine that are running low.
• They also overhaul the machine and oil all the parts, as it reduces friction thus reducing wear in the machine.
• Technicians are adept at repair work but engineers are the ones who make modification in the machines.
• They also improve the overall performance and know about the machine in detail.
• They can also build further on the existing platform of the machine according to the requirement of the company.
• Service engineers have to review each machine after a specific period of time, so they can find fault and rectify it so as to avoid any major problems in the future.
• They have to be well versed with the user manual. They also need to have all the latest equipment that can be used to repair the machine.
• After they have worked upon a machine, they should make a detailed report on what changes have they made and when the next time is the machine has to be serviced.
• They have to order parts that need replacement in advance, so the work is not slowed down in the manufacturing unit.
• Plan, organize, carry out and report about new installation and commissioning
• Plan, organize, carry out and report about repairs, modifications, troubleshooting of existing field installations
Duties and Responsibility
• Service engineers have to repair and service all the machinery and equipment present in a co
|Salary||2 Lac 50 Thousand To 3 Lac 25 Thousand P.A.|
|Industry||Engineering / Technical / R&D|
|Work Experience||2 - 5 Years|
|Qualification||Diploma, Advanced/Higher Diploma, B.Tech/B.E|